You need this if: (1) You have an engineer who is going to build you a website from scratch (2) You want someone with web design experience to mock up a beautiful website to help achieve your goals
ESTIMATED TIME 35-45 HOURS / OVER 1-2 MONTHS
- A complete overhaul of a website’s current visual design (including creation of a customized theme for Wordpress if needed)
- Design direction based on organization's desired branding and style preferences
- Mock-ups of key site pages
- Prep: Distribution of prep materials
- For new websites: wireframes, content and interaction flowcharts.
- Link to existing website (if applicable)
- Milestone 1: Analysis of materials and brainstorm
- Professional connects with Volunteer Manager to discuss the goals for the design, brainstorm initial ideas and align expectations for the project
- Milestone 2: Initial design
- Professional creates a mock-up design based on the wireframes, content and ideas discussed in the initial meeting
- Volunteer Manager reviews mock-ups and provides feedback, which the Professional incorporates into design revisions
- Milestone 3: Finalize design
- Professional delivers a final visual design with style guide for the Volunteer Manager's approval
- Volunteer Manager works with a developer (independent of the project), to implement the design
- Experience designing a website’s visuals based on a client’s needs (please provide examples)
- Proficiency with design software (ie. Adobe), CSS, and HTML
- For new websites:
- Ability to demonstrate a clear and detailed UI plan, or the Completion of a Website User Interface (UI) Project
- Existing content available for the Professional to design to.
- Developer to implement the design.