You need this if: (1) You want new copy for your website that will clearly and easily engage visitors and inspire them to act
ESTIMATED TIME 15-25 HOURS / OVER 1-3 MONTHS
- Tightly-written web copy of up to to 8 pages of 200-300 words each.
- A list of SEO keywords incorporated into the copy.
- The opportunity to work closely with an experienced, SEO literate copywriter.
- Prep: Distribution and review of current materials
- Volunteer Manager and Professional meet to review Organization's website or website plan, discuss goals and align expectations
- Volunteer Manager and Professional discuss the brand positioning and communications plan (if available), the purpose, key messages, desired tone and target audience
- Volunteer Manager and Professional agree on a schedule for completion
- Volunteer Manager provides Professional with any existing materials and content strategy to begin writing
- Milestone 1: Drafting of website copy
- Professional drafts copy and sends to Volunteer Manager for review
- Professional and Volunteer Manager review copy for up to 2 rounds of review and revision
- Milestone 2: Final draft
- Professional delivers final approved copy to Volunteer Manager
- Volunteer Manager completes Catchafire’s project survey within 30 days of success
- Experience in copywriting, marketing, public relations, communications or journalism
- The ability to synthesize complex information
- Writing samples that you like
- Experience in SEO strategies
- A live website or website currently under construction
- Some advance work completed on the project including a content strategy for the site with pages mapped out
- Existing copy about Organization including services, programs and audience, brand messaging
- Note: Copywriting professionals are not expected to have graphic design skills. Organizations requiring web design should consider one of Catchafire web design project options or use their own resources